Morning, Wednesday, 29th April 2020
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This conference will bring together policymakers and stakeholders to examine the progress and the next steps in the delivery of City Region and Growth Deals in Scotland.
It is timed:
- To follow the expected publication of Audit Scotland’s first performance audit on City Region and Growth Deals;
- As an opportunity to look at the first Gateway review of the Glasgow City Region Deal; and
- With the recent release of the Regional Skills Assessments (RSA) summary reports.
Delegates will examine the audit and review, and discuss:
- Progress so far and next steps;
- Governance, collaboration and economic development;
- Building an inclusive economy; and
- Developing a skilled workforce.
There will be keynote addresses from:
- Councillor Susan Aitken, Leader, Glasgow City Council, and Chair, Glasgow City Region Cabinet;
- Sally Thompson, Audit Manager, Audit Scotland;
- Neil MacLennan, Head of City Deals and Local Government, Office of the Secretary of State for Scotland; and
- Dr Morag Watt, Cities Team Leader, The Scottish Government.
Further confirmed speakers include: Councillor John Alexander, Dundee City Council and Scottish Cities Alliance; Chris Brodie, Skills Development Scotland; Amanda Burgauer, Scottish Rural Action; Dr Liz Cameron, Scottish Chamber of Commerce; Professor Julia Darby, University of Strathclyde; Jonathan Guthrie, Robertson Group; Matt Lancashire, SCDI; Allan McQuade, Scottish Enterprise and Professor Jonathan Seckl, The University of Edinburgh.