Morning, Monday, 26th September 2022
This conference will discuss the priorities for taking forward the Edinburgh and South East Scotland City Region Deal, following the publication of a Regional Prosperity Framework in September 2021.
Delegates will look at the delivery of the framework, with the seminar expected to take place shortly after the publication of an Implementation and Action Plan for the framework - and with The Scottish Government currently considering the interim Regional Spatial Strategy for the region.
It will be an opportunity to bring together stakeholders and policymakers to discuss key issues going forward for the region as the City Region Deal enters its fifth year - including priorities for delivering inclusive growth, spatial planning, key economic sectors and enterprise, sustainability, innovation, public transport, and the latest thinking on developing the region’s international profile.
Sessions in the agenda look at:
- progress and next steps - the Edinburgh and South East Scotland Regional City Deal five years on ◦ lessons learnt ◦ priorities moving forward
- economic growth - the regional prosperity framework & its implementation ◦ building upon the City Deal ◦ stakeholder collaboration ◦ inclusive growth ◦ attracting inward investment
- the Firth of Forth Freeport - next steps ◦ opportunities for inward investment & trade ◦ infrastructure development ◦ impact on local communities
- Edinburgh’s cultural sector - what can be learned for regional development from its success in: attracting investment ◦ collaboration ◦ building international profile
- innovation - delivering the ambition of a data capital ◦ digital connectivity and growth ◦ implication for the regional economy
- sustainability - priorities for implementing a regional environment strategy
- housing - implementing a regional spatial strategy ◦ assessing where housing is needed & addressing needs ◦ funding priorities ◦ supporting the sector to deliver affordable homes
- policy - priorities for future development of the Edinburgh and South East Scotland Region