Morning, Wednesday, 8th September 2021
***Full-scale policy conference taking place online***
This conference will bring out key issues for the Scottish healthcare sector in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
It will be an opportunity to discuss the National Review of Eating Disorder Services, as well as the anticipated publication of the Women’s Health Plan, and the forthcoming Digital Health and Care Strategy and Data Strategy for Health and Social Care.
Delegates will also consider the implications of the NHS in Scotland 2020 report from Audit Scotland, which looks at Scotland’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and makes recommendations on NHS remobilisation, as well as on finances and performance.
We are pleased to be able to include keynote sessions with Caroline Lamb, Chief Executive, NHS Scotland, and Director General, Health and Social Care, Scottish Government; and Robbie Pearson, Chief Executive, Healthcare Improvement Scotland.
Our forums are known for attracting strong interest from policymakers and stakeholders. Places have been reserved by officials from The Scottish Government. Also due to attend are representatives from Edinburgh Integration Joint Board; Falkirk Older People's Network; Horizon Housing Association; MSD; NMAHP Research Unit; Playlist for Life; Roche; Scottish Association for Mental Health; Scottish Accessible Transport Alliance; Takeda UK; Teva UK and The State Hospital.
Overall, we expect speakers and attendees to be a senior and informed group including Members of the Scottish Parliament and senior officials from the Scottish Government, NHS Scotland, Public Health Scotland, regulators and other agencies, as well as health and social care professionals, representatives from integration authorities, local authorities, trade unions, healthcare and pharmaceutical industries, academics, think tanks and law firms, together with reporters from the national and trade media based in Scotland and elsewhere.
This is a full-scale conference taking place online***
- full, four-hour programme including comfort breaks - you’ll also get a full recording and transcript to refer back to
- information-rich discussion involving key policymakers and stakeholders
- conference materials provided in advance, including speaker biographies
- speakers presenting via webcam, accompanied by slides if they wish, using the Cisco WebEx professional online conference platform (easy for delegates - we’ll provide full details)
- opportunities for live delegate questions and comments with all speakers
- a recording of the addresses, all slides cleared by speakers, and further materials, is made available to all delegates afterwards as a permanent record of the proceedings
- delegates are able to add their own written comments and articles following the conference, to be distributed to all attendees and more widely
- networking too - there will be opportunities for delegates to e-meet and interact - we’ll tell you how!
Full information and guidance on how to take part will be sent to delegates before the conference