Morning, Tuesday, 25th January 2022
This conference will be a timely opportunity for stakeholders to discuss the priorities for mental health provision in Scotland moving forward.
It follows the publication of The COVID Recovery Strategy: For a fairer future and the Mental Health Recovery and Renewal Fund, and takes place in anticipation of a full progress review of the Mental Health Strategy 2017-2027 next year as well as the new suicide prevention strategy due to be published next September.
We are pleased to be able to include keynote contributions from Rose Fitzpatrick, Chair, National Suicide Prevention Leadership Group (NSPLG); and Ruth Glassborow, Director of Improvement, Healthcare Improvement Scotland.
Delegates will consider priorities for delivering safe and effective mental health provision, looking at what is needed in terms of suicide prevention and the vision for child mental health services moving forward. The seminar will also consider priorities for the sector’s recovery from the pandemic and support for front line staff.
Sessions in the agenda include:
- priorities for delivering safe and effective mental health provision
- recovering from the pandemic and improving sector resilience for the future
- supporting frontline staff and employee wellbeing
- suicide prevention in Scotland
- child mental health services and developing greater awareness
- next steps for implementing the Mental Health Strategy 2017-2027
The discussion is bringing together stakeholders with key policy officials who are due to attend from The Scottish Government; the DHSC; and the OSR - as well as parliamentary pass-holders from The Scottish Parliament.