Morning, Friday, 28th February 2020
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This conference will examine the priorities for infrastructure development in Scotland.
It will discuss the progress being made on the National Infrastructure Mission and is timed to examine the 30-year strategy for infrastructure development, following its expected publication by the Infrastructure Commission for Scotland (ICS).
As the Commission begins discussion on how to deliver the strategy, delegates will assess its proposals set against the aims of supporting Scotland to meet its future economic growth and societal needs.
They will also look at the practical steps which need to be taken to deliver the ICS proposals, including the creation of a Scottish National Infrastructure Company to support implementation.
The agenda includes keynote addresses from: Ian Russell, Chair, Infrastructure Commission for Scotland; Peter Reekie, Chief Executive, Scottish Futures Trust; and a senior speaker from The Scottish Government.
Sessions in the agenda focus on:
- Priorities for Scotland’s strategic infrastructure over the next 30 years;
- Assessing the Infrastructure Commission’s recommendations - sustainability and growth across Scotland;
- Ensuring value for money in infrastructure investment;
- Delivering Scotland’s infrastructure priorities - funding, collaboration and ensuring effective procurement; and
- Next steps for the National Infrastructure Mission.