Morning, Thursday, 12th March 2020
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This conference will examine the next steps for early years education in Scotland, focusing on child development in the early years including:
- Expanding funded childcare - progress in implementation and its wider impact;
- Developing the early years workforce - improving recruitment, diversifying the workforce, and supporting learning and development; and
- The future of Scottish National Standardised Assessments (SNSA) for P1 pupils - addressing concerns and implementation.
There will be keynote contributions from: Maree Todd MSP, Minister for Children and Young People; Jean Carwood-Edwards, Chief Executive, Early Years Scotland and David Leng, Professional Advisor, The Scottish Government.
Further confirmed speakers include: Dr Geetha Marcus, Queen Margaret University; Peter McCleod, Care Inspectorate; Khadija Mohammed, Working Group for Diversity in the Teaching Profession; Sue Palmer, Literary Specialist and Upstart Scotland; Eileen Prior, Connect; Kenny Spence, Men in Childcare and Cameron Sprague, Stramash Fort William Outdoor Nursery.
- Building a flexible and high-quality early years system;
- Improving child development in Scotland: expanding funded childcare and addressing disadvantage;
- Supporting, growing and diversifying the early years workforce - recruitment and staff development;
- Key sector priorities and ensuring high-quality provision;
- The future of Scottish National Standardised Assessments for P1 pupils; and
- The next steps for the SNSA: addressing concerns and progress since the Independent Review.