Morning, Thursday, 5th December 2019
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This conference discuss the next steps in implementing social security reform in Scotland and tackling the factors impacting poverty.
The agenda and keynote speakers
- Government priorities for delivering social security - with Shirley-Anne Sommerville MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Social Security, The Scottish Government.
- Devolution of social security in Scotland - with Andrew Latto, Deputy Director, Devolution and Welfare in Later Life, DWP;
- Respect and dignity in delivering Scotland’s social security system - with Miriam Craven, Head of Local Delivery and Client Experience, Social Security Scotland;
- Alleviating poverty in Scotland - with Bill Scott, Chair, Poverty and Inequality Commission; and
- Spending for social security in Scotland - with Dame Susan Rice, Chair, Scottish Fiscal Commission.
- Improving delivery, navigating transition to Scotland, and enabling change in welfare culture at point of delivery; and
- Tackling the wider factors impacting poverty: transport, housing, and next steps for policy.